I love being home with my handsome man, as it allows me to witness all the awesome new things that he’s learning everyday! And, although I already miss those early newborn days, I’m so looking forward to all of the milestones he has yet to hit!
Things I’m Looking Forward To:
1. Teeth! I’m just so over the whole teething thing.
2. Crawling, then walking. I know he’s going to keep me on my toes, but I’m kind of excited for Owen to be able to get where he wants to go, rather than having me carry him everywhere.
3. Owen’s first word. I hope it’s “mama!”
4. Halloween tomorrow! Our costumes are going to be so stinkin’ cute.
5. School. This may sound awful, but I just can’t wait to send Owen off to school so I can actually have a life again.
6. Christmas. It’s my favorite time of year, and now we have a kid in the house! Time to play Santa!
7. Disneyland. We’re planning a trip during Spring Break next year! I’m going to be the crazy mom, getting pictures of Owen with all the characters.
There are so many more things that I’m looking forward to, but, unfortunately, I tend to stop enjoying what I have, while anticipating what I’ll have one day. I’m trying really hard to just enjoy the moment! To live in the here and now, and to be patient. The things that I want in the future will eventually happen (like buying a house, etc.), but God is blessing me today, and I need to slow down before I miss those blessings. I want to enjoy my baby now, because, soon enough, he’ll be a grown man with his own babies.
Do you have something you’re really looking forward to? Do you, like me, tend to lose your patience in anticipation of things to come?